Dos and Don’t of Cabinet Care
Ever wonder how you can ensure a long and beautiful life from your cabinets? Well even if you haven’t we’re going to share with you a few do’s and don’ts for taking care of your cabinets.
- Drape wet hand towels on your cabinets – The prolonged exposure to moisture will damage the finish of your cabinets over time.
- Apply a finish on dirty cabinets – Remove dust and dirt prior to application.
- Spray glass cleaner directly onto glass doors – It overspray can damage the cabinet finish. Also make sure to to use a glass cleaner that is ammonia free.
- Neglect to care for scratches and gouges – Cover up and protect surface areas that have been damaged using a touch up kit.
- Clean up spills and food residue immediately – Use a lint free cloth and a mild cleaner, dry the surface after cleaning.
- Use your cabinet hardware – Protect your cabinets from dirt and oil that are on your hands by using the hardware on your cabinet doors. If you don’t have any cabinet hardware, consider adding your own.
- Regularly dust cabinet surfaces – Use a dry lint free cloth or microfiber towel and dust in the direction of the wood grain.
- Protect your cabinets from direct uv light by using window coverings – Prolonged exposure to UV light over time can lead to discoloration and dried our surfaces.
With these tips you can keep your cabinets looking great for years to come.