Who We Are
Our Purpose: To enrich lives through the application of our craft
Founded in 1973 by Peter Schrader, Schrader and Company has evolved to become an admired resource for homeowners, business owners, and contractors. Situated in Southern Saratoga County, the widely respected company’s 8,000-square-foot facility includes their offices, showroom, and a modern cabinetry and millwork shop. It is at this location in Burnt Hills, New York, where the talents of these highly skilled craftsmen are proudly on display.
As an industry leader, the award winning, nationally recognized, construction services company sets the standard of craftsmanship and professional management by which other area remodeling companies are often compared. Schrader and Company has a long and valued history of successfully meeting the needs of their clients for kitchen and bathroom remodeling, additions, whole house renovations, and historic restoration.
Initially established to support the company’s remodeling experts, their cabinet shop has come to be recognized by the area’s more discerning builders and remodelers as a highly valued resource for their own client’s custom woodworking needs. Homeowners, contractors, and business owners who need kitchen, bath, office, or other types of custom cabinetry or millwork, can have it designed and manufactured to their specifications by our skilled tradesmen. The staff at Schrader and Company apply their decades of training and hands-on experience, along with CAD technology, to solve any design and fabrication challenge.
Our Guiding Principles
1: Take exceptional care of our clients and prospects
2: Remain a sustainable and viable business
3: Be a great place to work
4: Create projects that are beautiful, functional and long lasting
5: Give back to our community
We aspire to be the most respected construction services organization in the Capital Region of New York by providing a work environment that is rich in entrepreneurial innovation, love of craft, and values of self motivation, integrity, and accountability that together, ensure the achievement of the American Dream for our people and our community. These aspirations define our purpose with clarity.
To build upon a foundation of trust, we embrace the following principles of conduct in support of those aspirations:
Our Principles of Conduct
- To treat our clients with fairness, dignity, courtesy and respect while maintaining our high ethical business standards,
- To continue to produce the targeted volume of exceptional quality completed projects in the Building Industry at a profit sufficient to assure the growth, improvement, and continuity of our Company and the People in it
- To be responsive to the needs of the various communities we serve,
- To create an atmosphere of professionalism and efficiency, allowing for and encouraging the improvement of skills and contributions of all personnel, while maintaining open communication and a friendly and desirable work place
- To ensure that employee integrity, contributions to and support of the unified team concept, loyalty to our Company, and both individual and collective achievement are recognized and rewarded in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the Company
- To be financially sound and responsible
- To work with only those manufacturers, suppliers, design professionals, and trade contractors who adhere to the highest of quality standards and accountability
- To be flexible and adaptable to market and economic conditions while remaining innovative and committed to applying the latest tools and developing the essential systems that allow us to courageously persist pioneering the American business frontier.
Certified Graduate Remodelors (CGR)
- Peter Schrader, CGR Professional Designation earned 1989 (first in New York State to achieve this distinction)
- Christy Schrader, CGR Professional Designation earned 2007 (first woman in New York State to achieve this distinction)
- Silas Schrader, CGR Professional Designation earned May 2015
Certified Graduate RemodelorsTM (CGR) is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business management skills as the key to a professional remodeling operation.
The CGR designation requires that graduates meet prescribed standards of business practice, possess a minimum of five years remodeling industry experience, have a proven track record of successful project management, complete a comprehensive education curriculum, and pledge to uphold the program’s code of ethics.
Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists (CAPS)
- Christy Schrader, CAPS Professional Designation earned 2003
- Peter Schrader, CAPS Professional Designation earned 2003
- John Hudson, CAPS Professional Designation earned 2006
- Ben Cangeleri, CAPS Professional Designation earned 2006
- Brian Taber, CAPS Professional Designation earned 2011
The Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to compete in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place. The NAHB Remodelor’s Council, in collaboration with the AARP, NAHB Research Center, and NAHB Seniors Housing Council developed this program to provide comprehensive, practical, market-specific information about working with older and maturing adults to remodel their homes with aging-in-place concepts.
Throughout our forty plus year history, Schrader and Company has been a contributing member of various trade associations representing the building industry. At the national, at the state, and at the local level, we have served with distinction in these organizations, as we support and give back to the industry from which we earn our living. We continue to this day, serving and contributing to improve the building industry. We are of the belief that we have an obligation to improve the professionalism of this dynamic industry that we are fortunate to be a part of. By actively participating, we can make a difference.