Schrader and Company, an award winning, nationally recognized construction services company in Burnt Hills, NY is now seeking an experienced, working craftsman for the role of Project Leader. Schrader and Company’s Project Leaders are the on-site managers of our construction jobs and professionally and efficiently take a job from the pre-construction conference through successful completion by managing people, materials and equipment. The accomplish jobs within budget and on time while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction throughout the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Leader provides the leadership for the Construction Services Division of Schrader and Company. This is an individual who is a skilled craftsman, a person with considerable organizational and management strengths, and one who possesses the self-confidence to accept full responsibility for the success of each project that they construct.
Schrader’s Ideal Project Leader:
1. Comprehends and follows construction plans as drawn and specifications as written.*
2. Develops and maintains an effective working knowledge of residential building codes.*
3. Carries out and manages all carpentry labor, material, machinery & tool handling, and job site cleanup safely, properly and as directed.*
4. Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction, to include assisting with client communications as requested.
5. Supervises and coordinates the work of Carpenters, Apprentice Carpenters, Production Assistants, and Independent Contractors on the project as requested.
6. Ensures the accurate recording of labor, material, equipment, and independent contractor usage on the Material and Labor Record document.
7. Strives to achieve clear, concise, accurate, and effective spoken and written communications at all times, and with all persons they are in contact with during the course of business.
8. Demonstrates the strength of character to hold themselves to the highest of ethical standards in all their actions.
9. Demonstrates an ability to focus and apply sound judgment and common sense throughout their daily activities.
10. Understands, respects and maintains privacy and discretion with regard to any and all client information and confidential and sensitive company information.
11. Will want to continually develop and improve your management and technical skills. We believe that your personal and professional growth should be ongoing, with opportunities presenting themselves to you in many forms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge of project drawings, project specifications, blueprints, estimates, and contracts/agreements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.