Schrader and Company, an award-winning, nationally recognized construction services company is now seeking an experienced, highly motivated Project Planner/Sales Professional to develop and sell our remodeling, new construction and cabinet shop products and services.
The Project Planner/Sales Professional will be focused on meeting the highest level of client satisfaction with superior service, clear and concise communication and accurate, honest counsel. The services will be sold at an anticipated produced profit consistent with the company’s predetermined goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
At Schrader, our Project Planner creates a vital connection between those who need construction services performed and those with craft knowledge and skill who can provide those services. Nothing gets built until “the sale” is made. The Project Planner is a creative, positive thinking problem solver. They offer sound judgment and insight to the prospective client to better enable them to make project-related positions.
Depth of carpentry and building industry knowledge and experience will add significantly to a Planner’s ability to effectively guide our clients.
Schrader’s Ideal Project Planner Will:
1. Engage in ongoing business development
2. Intermediate between clients and SAC to understand a client’s vision for the project, determine realistic construction schedules and budgets, and determine clear next steps leading up to project commencement.
3. Coordinate and consult with the project designer (e.g. Architect or in-house) and interior designers on the viability of the design from both a construction and budget perspective, and maintain clear communication with clients throughout the process.
4. Coordinate with trade contractors.
5. Generate accurate project costs.
6. Develop detailed scopes of work, present project estimates to clients for approval and feedback.
7. Able to perform consultative sales and close the sale.
8. Engage in “value engineering” efforts with the client, whenever warranted.
9. Facilitate pre-construction meetings with our team members prior to the project start.
10. Follow up with the client to ensure their satisfaction during the project and after project completion.
11. Strive to achieve clear, concise, accurate, and effective spoken and written communications at all times, and with all persons in whom they are in contact with during the course of business.
12. Demonstrate the strength of character to the highest of ethical standards in all actions.
13. Apply focus, sound judgment, and common sense throughout all daily activities.
14. Understand, respect, and maintain privacy and discretion with regard to any and all client information and confidential and sensitive company information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and two to four years building industry experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.